Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Gospel of Change

Morning,

I can't believe that Braden Kirkham is back already! Nikki should be back soon as well. Time goes so fast! I love that he talked about the gospel of change. I've seen that in so many people. Even just reading from the Book of Mormon daily brings a change in their countenance. It's noticeable. As we continue to meet with Karen, I am amazed by the changes taking place in her life. We had some powerful lessons with her and her son Nolan this week. He is one bright ten year old. We taught them about baptism and the gift of the Holy Ghost last week. We asked Nolan, "Why do you think Jesus was baptized?" He thought for a moment and then said, "I don't know for sure, but probably for the same reason we need to be baptized. He had to be obedient to His Father's commandments." We were all floored by his response! We told him that was exactly why Jesus was baptized and then Nolan said, "Wow. I've got all the answers today! Jesus must be putting the Spirit in me today. It's like He's telling me I need to put my knowledge out there or something." After the lesson, he said something like, "I think it's because I prayed today that I have the Spirit." He is an awesome kid! Karen is already planning to save money so he can serve a mission. I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach Karen and Nolan. Just like when I taught Brandy back in Presque Isle, I feel like I have gained some more eternal friends. I am so excited for them to be baptized!
We are heading to Corner Brook today to do a visit with Sister Aslett and Sister Pitcher. We will spend two days there and two days travelling. This last week we had an exchange with Sister Sharp and Sister Spencer who work in CBS. I worked with Sister Sharp and it was so much fun to work with her for a day. 

We found some more promising people this week: a young mom who has been thinking about God recently and has loads of questions, a newly wed couple that we met through a community choir we joined a couple weeks ago, and a grandmother who lost a son when he was in his 20s. There are prepared people here and it is always exciting to find them!
I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa Clark. I hope the Clarks are coping well with the loss. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Have a great week! Love you! 

Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment