Sunday, November 2, 2014

Trials and Laughter

Hey All,

I got the letter you sent after Conference, Mom. It was perfectly timed. This week was pretty rough and I have learned a lot about the Savior and His Atonement. Amid all the trials, Sister Comfort and I had some good laughs. One night we locked our keys in our truck and ended up eating our dinner outside in the rain. Long story but such a good memory. Laughter really is the best medicine.  
We spent most of the week in Corner Brook this week with Sister Aslett and Sister Pitcher. It was fun to work with them and see another area of Newfoundland. The fall leaves were beautiful! I wish I could have taken more pictures, but none of them came out very well. Pictures just can't do it justice. The picture I attached is the view from the Corner Brook sisters' apartment. 
 
 
We had a powerful lesson this week with a less active couple in the branch. We read the Joseph Smith pamphlet with them and talked about the importance of strengthening our testimonies of Joseph Smith. The Spirit was so strong and by the end of it they had resolved their concerns about coming to church. Yesterday they came to church for the first time in months!!! 
Also exciting news and highlight of the week: I found out that Nathan was baptized last week. He is the son of one of the families Sister Christensen and I were teaching in Presque Isle. So much joy! 
I hope that you have a great week. I love you, Mom! Tell Dad I love him too. Have fun when you go to Washington.
Transfers are next week. We find out on Sunday whether we go or stay. No more concerts. Elder Call went home this summer and most of the missionaries involved in the concert series are home or coming to the end of their missions.
Thanks for your prayers and support. 

Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment