Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving (Canadian)

Happy Thanksgiving from Canada!
We are celebrating Thanksgiving today at Brother and Sister Young's home. We attended a community Thanksgiving sunrise service this morning. It was good to get to know some people in the community and enjoy the beauty of the area we live in. Yesterday was rainy and overcast, but this morning was beautiful.

As I was studying this morning, I found this scripture:

"Now my brethren, we see that God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth. Now this is my joy, and my great thanksgiving; yea, and I will give thanks unto my God forever. Amen."
Alma 26:37

I am grateful for the blessing of the restored gospel in my life, for the knowledge of my Savior and my Heavenly Father. 

Karen and Nolan are excited for their baptism. Karen is so anxious to learn all of the commandments and live them so she can receive the blessings. Brendan is back in town for a week and we were able to meet with him on Friday. While he was in Labrador, he read 1 Nephi twice and lived the Word of Wisdom! He met a member of the branch there and was able to talk to him a bit. Amazing!

Good things are happening in Bay Roberts and the Lord is hastening His work. I was reading Jacob 5 this morning and reflecting on the precious branch in Bay Roberts that the Lord has placed here for a purpose. He wants it to bring forth fruit and I am excited to be a part of that.

Have a great week!

Sister Maren Renda

PS Pictures are from the sunrise service this morning, a hike that Sister Pizzey, Sister Comfort and I went on last week in Brigus, and a sign that we found at a church in Carbonear.
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment