Sunday, October 5, 2014

Women's Conference



I'm excited for General Conference this week, and I'm going to attempt making your cinnamon rolls to take to people in the branch and the area. Wish me luck! I didn't know that about speakers in General Conference speaking in their native language! That will be so neat. I loved the Women's Broadcast this last weekend. We watched it with President and Sister Priest. The messages about temple covenants and God's love were very powerful. As I have been reading the Book of Mormon, I have been focusing on the Lord's covenants and promises. It's so true that one of the purposes of the Book of Mormon is to "show unto the remnant of the house of Israel what great things the Lord hath done for their fathers; and that they may know the covenants of the Lord, that they are not cast off forever." (Title page of the Book of Mormon) It's a good reminder for me personally that the Lord sees the big picture and He is doing the small and simple things each day in our lives to accomplish His work.

Transfers were this last week. We spent a few days in St. John's with Sister Mangelson while she waited for her new companion to arrive. Other than that, not much to report on. There are four sets of sisters on the island again: one in St. John's, one in Conception Bay South, one in Corner Brook, and one in Bay Roberts. Sister Pizzey is currently visiting each area for the last couple weeks of her mission to train the sisters. We'll have an opportunity to work with her later this week.

Brendan will be back from Labrador this week and we are excited to start teaching him again and see how far he got in the Book of Mormon while he was gone. 

I love you and hope you have a great week! Enjoy that cinnamon roll for me. :)

Sister Maren Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment