Thursday, January 15, 2015

A Great Week

12/29/14
Hi,

Thanks for the email, Mom. It was what I needed to hear today, so thank you for sharing it with me. It's always good to know that someone else has experienced the same things you are going through. This last week I tried harder to focus on the Savior and felt the Spirit more than I have in awhile. I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, for His infinite love and compassion. It was wonderful to spend Christmas focusing on the Savior. Like you said, the most important thing is that I share His love with others. It was great to talk with you all on Christmas. It's crazy to think that the next time I see you all will be in person! 

We had a district meeting on Christmas Eve. I shared our tree of life tradition for the doctrinal discussion. As I get older and think more about that tradition and study the symbolism of Lehi's vision and Nephi's interpretation, I am so grateful for the impact of that family tradition in my life. Like Elder Bednar said last conference, "The greatest manifestation of God's love for His children is the mortal ministry, atoning sacrifice, and Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ. The fruit on the tree can be considered a symbol of the blessings of the Savior's Atonement. Lehi's instant response to partaking of the fruit of the tree and experiencing great joy was an increased desire to share with and serve his family. Thus, as he turned to Christ, he also turned outward in love and service."

 I know that each time I experience the Atonement working in my life, I feel a greater desire to share it with those around me. There are so many who need to experience the peace and joy that come from following the Savior Jesus Christ! I know that the Lord is preparing His children to receive this glad message. He has promised: "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." (D&C 84:88)

We taught J and T again this week. We asked T about reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. She said that she has never felt more grounded in her life. After she prayed about the Book of Mormon, she felt a stronger desire read it, whereas before sleep or other things would seem more important. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every prayer. His answers are always in His timing and in His way. I am excited for her to continue to read and pray each day! Tracey and I have the same birthday, so we decided we are going to celebrate together next week. :D

Love you! Have a great week! Remember Christ is the reason. And I will do my best to remember that too. :)

Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment