Monday, January 20, 2014

Wolfville

Hi All!

Wolfville is wonderful! I have always wondered what it would be like to live in a small town and now I am getting that opportunity. So far, I love it! The scenery is beautiful and I can only imagine what this area will look like in the spring. Breathtaking. Agriculture is big in this area. Sister Laxton called it the Garden of Eden when she served here. It is so different to be serving in a family ward now. I love the YSA in Halifax and I will miss them, but now I have the opportunity to meet some of their families! There are two new missionaries in the Kentville ward this transfer, Elder West (who is from Morgan, UT) and me. The Bishop asked us to share our testimonies on Sunday, and I mentioned how excited I am to serve in a family ward. The gospel blesses families and I am looking forward to seeing that more and more as I serve in this area. The members I have met so far are incredible! They are so solid in the gospel with great desires to follow the Savior and share the gospel in any way they can. The Kentville Ward is a good mix of people age-wise. 

We are teaching a college-age guy who is preparing to be baptized on January 30. He seems like a member already and is really progressing well. I don't know if I mentioned an older gentleman that Sister Pizzey and I found knocking when I was here on exchanges. We taught him a lesson yesterday with Sister Redden, a member from the ward. He has an incredible story and has a very strong relationship with God. His only desire is to do God's will. He knows that God sent us to him. We invited him to prepare to be baptized on March 8 and prayed at the end of the lesson to know if that is something God wants him to do. We are also working with a few less actives in the ward. Sister Aslett and I are excited for the good things that will happen this transfer as we act in faith and seek to truly become fishers of men. We discussed our vision, goals and plans for this area and decided to base our vision on Luke 5:1-11. I am excited for the progress that will occur as we act in faith. Sister Aslett is a very skilled missionary. She is from England. It's amazing to see how much each of us have progressed over the past three months since we were in the MTC together. Her British accent is contagious and her diligence, faith, and positive attitude is so inspiring to me.

I hope that you have a good week!  Love you!

Love,
Sister Renda (Brenda without the B)

Note from Lory,

They have released the dates for their upcoming concert tour, in which Maren will be playing. Directed by Dr. R. Kevin Call, professor of music at Brigham Young University - Idaho; the concert includes special numbers performed by ten talented vocalists and instrumentalists. Includes numbers from:

The Pirates of the Caribbean
Aladdin
The Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Peter and the Wolf
The Phantom of the Opera
... And many more!

The musical tour travels throughout the Atlantic Canada region. All are invited to attend free of charge. The Orange Blossom Family Special could be coming to a town near you!:

Fri, Jan 24 - Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, 6 PM
Sat, Jan 25 - New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, 2 PM

Fri, Feb 7 - Moncton, New Brunswick, 6 PM
Sat, Feb 8 - Saint John, NB,2 PM

Fri, Feb 28 - Truro, Nova Scotia 6 PM
Sat, Mar 1 - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island,2 PM

Fri, Mar 14 - Fredericton, NB, 6 PM
Sat, Mar 15 - Caribou, Maine, 2 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment