Monday, January 13, 2014

Transferred!!


Transfers are here again! I feel like they just happened. I am being transferred to Wolfville and I will be serving with Sister Aslett! She and I were in the MTC together, and I am really excited for the adventures ahead of us. I'm sad to be leaving Halifax. I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had here and all of the amazing people I have met. Sister Laxton will be staying here, as well as Sister Jungheim and Sister Coleman. Sister Starkie will join Sister Laxton in the YSA branch. They will be serving together as sister training leaders.

We had a baptism in the YSA branch this last week. His name is Ryan Gao Xi. He is Chinese Korean and he has an incredible testimony! He loves the gospel and adds so much to the branch. The Spirit was so strong at his baptism. I had one of those moments where the light went on in my head and I realized that this is what missionary work is all about. The gospel makes me so happy. Sometimes it is hard to open my mouth to share the gospel, but when I have those powerful moments when I feel the Spirit testify to me that this is true, I can't help but want to share it with others.
I got your package this week. We stopped by the mission office on Monday last week, but I guess it came the next day. Thank you for everything! I am excited to have a new set of scriptures. I'm sorry your emails didn't send for some reason last week. Crissy told me you all had cake and ice cream on my behalf.  Tell David congratulations for me for his award! That's awesome! The mission has a Facebook page. I don't know if you have already found it or not. It's "Mormons of Atlantic Canada." Also I think there is a trailer up on the youtube channel for the upcoming concert series. It should come up if you search The Orange Blossom Family Special Commercial. You'll have to let me know about Ben's job interview. I hope everyone feels better soon! You can hold onto the journal for now. Will you send me Sister Davis's address? I will send her a thank you note. I don't know if I ever told you, but I got the letters from the ward Christmas party. That was so sweet of them to send that. 
I love you all! Keep pressing forward. There will always be opposition. We wouldn't be able to progress without it. Christ is the reason.
Sister Renda

No comments:

Post a Comment