Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Transfers! Hello Newfies!

Thank you for the email, Mom. It's what I needed. :) Transfers are this week. Presque Isle is being white washed. Sister Christensen is going to New Glasgow, Nova Scotia and I am headed to Bay Roberts, New Foundland. I will be serving with Sister Comfort and we will be co sister training leaders. What a small world that you met one of her friends serving in Utah and now I will be serving with her! I'm excited for a new adventure, but very sad to leave Presque Isle. The ward here is amazing and the field is white, ready for harvest. Sister Laxton will be coming to Presque Isle. She and I keep swapping places and following in each other's footsteps in the mission. She was just serving with Sister Comfort in Bay Roberts and now she is heading here and I am heading there.
Note from Lory: Sister Laxton was Maren's first companion.
Miracles and highlights of the week:
-Brandy went to the temple this weekend! She said it was amazing. I am so happy for her! The ward had a temple trip to Halifax. A family that joined the church last spring was also sealed this weekend. They said they had a powerful experience. It's so exciting to see others receive the blessings of the temple. :)
-A less active family we have been teaching, came to church yesterday!!! They came in after sacrament meeting started and when we saw them sit down, Sister Christensen and I were filled with joy. I am so happy for the progress that they've made. I'm grateful that I will be able to stay in touch with them through Facebook. 
-Sam will be coming to church next week! He has read through Jarom in the Book of Mormon and is excited for his baptism at the end of the month. I'm sad I won't be here to see it happen, but he is ready and prepared for it.
-Sister Christensen and I taught a Primary class yesterday. I love Primary! I understand why Christ taught us that we should be like little children for of such is the kingdom of God. 

I am so grateful for the experiences I have had while serving here. I feel much like Alma at the waters of Mormon in Mosiah 18:30:
"And now it came to pass that all this as done in Mormon, yea, by the waters of Mormon, in the forest that was near the waters of Mormon; yea, the place of Mormon, the waters of Mormon, the forest of Mormon, how beautiful  are they to the eyes of them who there came to the knowledge of their Redeemer; yea. and how blessed are they, for they shall sing to his praise forever."

I love you and miss you, too. Have a great week! 

Love,
Missionary Maren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment