Saturday, April 18, 2015

Exchange of a Lifetime



This past week has been a blast! I am still in Charlottetown with Sister Howell and was able to do an exchange with the Summerside sisters. It's been a challenge, but so worth it! Someone once told me that in order for the Spirit to comfort you, you have to go outside of your comfort zone. I have grown so much over the past week, diving into two new areas and serving with two new sisters. I have felt the Lord strengthen me to do His work this past week, and while I am still exhausted, it feels so good. I once thought that putting myself in a position or a light or an environment in which I felt weak was something to avoid. This past week has reminded me that whenever I feel weak, it is an opportunity to rely on the Lord even more and to glorify Him by allowing Him to work through me, in spite of my weaknesses, to do His work.

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."
Alma 26:12

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all me that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
Ether 12:26

"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
"Therefore take I pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
One of the neatest experiences for me this week was meeting Heather Hirtle and her family. My uncle, Wayne Baldwin, served in this mission and baptized her. It was a powerful witness to me of God's eternal plan. Small acts of sacrifice bring forth great blessings in the lives of others. It's fun for me to imagine where many of the people that I have met and taught will be in 20 or 30 years, and it's a comfort to know that I don't ever have to leave them behind. I may never see them again in this lifetime (hopefully I will!), but I will see them and the many others they will bring into the gospel in the eternities. 
Maren and Heather Hirtle

Love, 
Sister Renda 

No comments:

Post a Comment