Monday, February 24, 2014

Lessons on Gratitude


Hi everyone,

Transfers are this week. Sister Aslett and I are staying here, as are the Elders in the Kentville Ward (Elders Beckert and West). There are nine new missionaries coming this transfer! Four new areas for sisters were opened/re-opened to accommodate the incoming missionaries: Bridgewater, Truro, Bathurst (a French area), and Houlton Maine. 

We had a baptism in the ward last week. David and Angela were baptized on Friday and confirmed on Sunday. I love attending baptisms! The Spirit is always so strong. 

Sister Aslett and I spent some time this last week in some of the other towns that we cover. It's always really interesting to see how other people live. Some of the areas we spent time in this last week are very rural. We visited a widow named Sister Hickey who lives out in the boonies last week. She told us about her family-children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren. They take good care of her and she is so happy. We shared Moroni 10:32 with her and asked her how she "comes unto Christ." Her response taught me a great lesson about coming unto Christ. Her first response was "waking up in the morning" and then she began sharing with us the blessings and tender mercies she sees each day. I am grateful for the lesson that Sister Hickey taught me about gratitude. 

I'm looking forward to the concerts this week. What is Aunt Heidi's friend's name? I will have to keep my eye out for her. I'll work on sending my camera home. It won't happen today. I'll think about buying a new one and let you know what I decide. At this point, I don't really want to buy a new one. Also, I did get your Valentine's Day card. Thanks!

Sorry for the short email this week. :) Love you! 

Love,
Sister Renda



No comments:

Post a Comment