Saturday, October 12, 2013

It's a Small World



October 9, 2013
My first day at the MTC has been wonderful!  I met our teacher, Brother Starkie, who has a sister serving in the Canada Halifax mission right now.  Sister Starkie is the one that Popcorn, from the Oakcrest Girl's Camp, knows.  It's a small world!  He said that Popcorn told his parents about me.  His dad is a bishop or stake president (the latter, I believe) and when he and his wife came up to Oakcrest they searched high and low for me (the counselor going to Halifax), but couldn’t find me.  I am excited for the opportunity to learn from Brother Starkie.
There are four sisters in my district, all of them going to the Canada Halifax Mission.  My companion is Sister Sharp from Boise, Idaho.  She is awesome and I can’t wait to get to know her more.  There are four sisters in my room (the same as in my district). There are three other sisters in my zone going to my mission.  The Elders in my district are all going to Sydney, Australia.
I am doing well and the Spirit is strong already.  We had a “teaching experience” tonight with “investigators”. It was powerful and I learned a lot about effective teaching.  There was a large group of missionaries in each session (total of 3 investigators=3 sessions) and a companionship would open the discussion and then turn it over to us as a large group.  Pretty cool.  Our goal was to focus on our purpose to invite other to come unto Christ by helping them.
I won’t have P-day unto next Thursday so don’t expect an email until then. Thank you for your love and support.  This is going to be quite the journey but I know that as I give it my all and rely upon my Savior, everything will turn out.  He will lead me and guide me to where I need to go and to what I need to become.
I love you! The Lord loves and knows each of you! Put your trust in Him.

Love Sister Maren Renda
P.S. Food is cafeteria style.  I had a chicken wrap with beans and rice tonight for dinner. Also, they have oatmeal and I am one happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment