Monday, February 16, 2015

Fear Not!


Fear Not!

 
 
2/09/15
 
 

"For as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."
1 Corinthians 2:9

That was the theme for this week. I feel such love for my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ. Although I cannot comprehend the joy that awaits for those who are obedient to His commandments, I know more than ever that it is worth any sacrifice. We may not be able to see the end from the beginning, but He does and we must learn to trust Him and His plan for us.

We had a zone conference this week in Moncton. President and Sister Leavitt bore testimony about God's plan for each of us individually. I feel such love and gratitude for my mission president and his wife. They are powerful examples to me of consecration and wholehearted service to the Lord. I heard once upon a time that missionaries are called to their mission president, more than their mission. The more I serve with President and Sister Leavitt, the more I believe that. 

It's hard to believe that back home it's practically spring weather! We got a lot of snow this week and it has been cold, but we manage. :)

Sister Gochnour and Sister Renda
One of the best surprises of this week was a visit from some members from Newfoundland! Brother and Sister Martland were travelling to PEI and back this last week and got lost in Amherst... It was so good to see them! My heart was filled with love and joy for the people I have met on my mission. Each area has such a special place in my heart and I hope someday that I will be able to return to each and visit the people I have come to love so much.

Another surprise this week happened while we were visiting an elderly woman in a neighboring town. She took us out to lunch and while we were there she began having a hard time forming her words. Then she started to space out and began shaking and falling from the chair. A phone call to 911 and a drive to the local hospital later, we found out she suffered a mini stroke. She recovered fairly quickly and her sister came to pick her up. The life of a missionary for ya. 

Another miracle this week was teaching one of our investigators. Her daughter joined us for the first time and she told us that she started praying a week ago and has received answers to her prayers. We watched the Restoration DVD with them and the Spirit was so strong! Heavenly Father is so aware of each of His children! It is moments like that that make all of the rejection and heart ache and bitter cold worth it! 

Keep calm and pray on. The Lord is ever near and He wants to help each of us reach our full potential. Doing so will require us to set aside our own will and trust His plan. It will require us to be obedient and patient. 

Christ is the reason!

Sister Renda

Brother and Sister Lockhart with Sister Gochnour and Sister Renda

Sister Leavitt (Mission President's wife in center) with Sisters at the New Brunswick Zone Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment